Saturday, January 31, 2009

the trouble with Dante

So I've started reading the text of Purgatorio and my wife got me a copy of Inferno from the library to hold me over until I can dig up my own copy from storage and I've found a snag in my original plans to abridge the work.

Initially I thought I could get away with using only the arguments but reading Dante again after so long I've begun to realize this isn't the hot idea I'd thought it was. Yes the arguments at the start of each canto give a nice summary of events but that's all they do and the real beauty is in the cantos themselves with the poetry and the imagery. I guess it's a good thing I havn't started to record narration yet because I'm going to have to re-consider how to approach it.

That said some other news on the Dante front. Jeremy Inkel has agreed to come work on Inferno with me and give me a crash course in Cubase.

I'm going to my mom's place tomorrow to root around for things I need to take back to the studio. I'm missing some very important power connectors and I want my own copy of Inferno back.

I'm also picking up a new printer and maybe a desk.

No comments: