Monday, September 14, 2009

I met Sandow Birk yesterday

that's write, one of the translators and the illustrator of the text which inspired me to do my own Dante was in town for an art opening and he met up with me to talk about the poem, he was very encouraging and offered to read what I've got up here he also gave me some names and advice on how to break into the larger Dante community (apparently there is one and it's global!) I could really use that right now. one thing I have been dissapointed over is the lack of real criticism of the cantos I have published here, slowly more readers are trickling in and that's a great thing to see but I'd love for someone to really take me to task over my rendition of the work, I want to get into the meat of this text and create a condensed interpretation which really captures something of the original work while also offering something new and contemporary and poetically integral.

c'mon people who read this blog get mouthy with me over Dante I'm serious, I need poetic feedback and constructive criticism.

more cantos tomorrow

No comments: