Wednesday, October 22, 2008

it's been quiet here for too long.

I recently got the vostok back from Front Line Assembly and have started playing it again experimenting with combinations of cables and pins and figuring out the attack decay envelopes. I wrote to Tom Carpenter tonight to get some more information on just how simmilar they are to the EMS trapezoid generator.

I've also come into a Novation Supernova rack which I bought from my friend in FLA who just came back from an aborted tour with his other band to find some very urgent debts.

I don't know how long I'll have it for. Honestly it's a great instrument but I think it's the wrong sort for what I'm in to. Besides that I've fallen in love with the Buchla 200e (as far as it's possible to be in love with a musical instrument). I've decided that I'm going to try and save enough to buy a 12 panel system and keep my fingers crossed that one comes up for sale used because the price tag for a new one is head-spinning. My plan basically is to save and save and save, and if one comes up for sale used and I can afford it I'll buy that one, and if I have to save until I can get one new, well I'll have to wait a long time but it will be worth it and the time between then and now will give me the opportunity to bone up.

I followed some links a while ago and found this gem by Bary Truax The Handbook for Accoustic Ecology

I've also beel listening to this a lot. Particularly the track Round Rolling Mirror, I think that one's beautiful.

here are a picture of my new Supernova. I'll post some more pictures tomorrow while I do my laundry.

as soon as I can I'll try and have some audio and video up but for now chances are if you read this blog you already know me so just give me a call and we'll hang out if you'd like to hear some of my modular noise.

No comments: