Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Watch me eat my words...


This isn't me I just found this when I looked for video of someone eating their words.

In a previous post on this blog I was talking smack about Buchla owners and their instruments of choice. Making value judgements on Buchla versus Serge synths (I had never even been in the same room as either of these instruments at the time I was shooting my mouth off). I recently had an opportunity to go to the University of Victoria to play their Buchla 200 modular synth. In the past few months I've been able to make the aquaintance of a number of Buchla owners and talked with Don a couple of times with regard to his synths and I have had an important realization: I let my mouth run on without actually using my brain and when I let my mouth do the thinking it never works out well because my mouth has no brains.

Anyway I want to take back some stupid shit I said on here about Don Buchla and all Buchla owners being pretentious. It's just not that black and white. Yes I've preferred the hand full of phone conversations I've had with Rex Probe at Serge to the equally small number of calls I've had with Don Buchla but that previous post was a pretty dumb one to make. I'm writing this here because I think it's worth saying, particularly since I'll be building my own Buchla 200e very soon. As for the people I've encountered who play the Buchla they've all been marvellously supportive, encouraging and friendly people.

I am an Idiot.

In my next post I'll tell you all about my trip to UVic and playing their Buchla 200, and how awsome it was.

I have photos!

1 comment:

mark verbos said...

Join us and together we will control the universe.