Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Inaugural Post

Hi, so this is my new blog. I created it after much thought and consideration since my previous blog has become a defacto music blog and I think that's a good place to leave it and begin a new actual music blog. It would sem that for me I have blogs which mark stages in my life this is the start of a new one.

I was thinking about waiting to create this until I had some new gear to review. I'm presently waiting on an Analogue Solutions Vostok suitcase synth. It'll be the first piece of fully modular gear in my growing studio. Currently I have a Korg MS20, an SQ10 sequencer, DSI Evolver desktop module, Yamaha Portasound, a circuit-bent Cassio SK1, a Yamaha Rex50 effects processor, a Yamaha FB01 FM synth, numerous tape recorders, and various effects pedals my favourites of which are my Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Delay, my Roland DD3 Delay and my MXR Phaser pedal. I've also got some old school audio mixers which I found at a thrift store and a bunch of guitars and stuff but presently the electronic music has been taking up most of my time.

I'm finishing studio work on a mostly folk influenced CD called Desolation Sound and I'm working on a primarily electronic album on my own under the name "Chris and the Machines"

I don't know how often this is going to be updated I plan on it being pretty casual I've already got two blogs I try and update daily and that's a lot more work than you might imagine. I also co-edit a monthly zine called The Christian Radical and work as a bookseller and hopefully soon as a part-time office assistant. I need a new job because I'm getting married at the end of August so my presently modest-yet-comfortable-as-long-as-I-don't-save-anything income will probably need a boost and because modular synthesizers cost money over time and saving for this Vostok has hit me where I live.

I hope to get some pictures and videos up here soon and also a sidebar where I'll have links to music blogs I like, bands I like, gear I like or want and my other projects both current and defunct. For now enjoy the spartan atmosphere of my brand new blog!

No comments: