Wednesday, July 30, 2008

welcome to my stomach

uggh.

I left work early and went home. I ate a bunch of stuff and hoped I'd throw up and instead I made some music with my bent cassio and my evolver, and played some guitar and then when I thought maybe I was getting a bit better I realised that I hadn't improved I'd just been distracted and now my stomach feels worse than before. I'm going to try and make myself sick in a little while but I thought I'd share a couple of links with you here first as well as a reflection on the fact that most if not all of what I've posted about here might be old news to whomever it is that actually reads these posts. Ever since I started this blog I've become more aware of the large culture of music bloggers than I had previously been and there are a lot of blogs out there like trash audio, matrixsynth, muff wiggler, and analog suicide who are all doing this but better than me and with much better connections to information resources and "the scene" than I've got.

I can't compete with them and so I'm not even going to try, that's not what this blog is about to me and it never was.

This is really more of a note-pad and place where I can share things I'm discovering many for the first time...

I'm enthralled by this whole process of making music out of electrical currents and since the people closest to me have all had their ears talked off by me and my obsession with synthesis I thought I'd inflict my interest on everyone else within ear/eyeshot.

So if you heard it here last then, well I guess that's how it's played out.

All that said I want to share a couple of links that were given to me today by a friend at work.

x0xb0x Opensource synth and sequencer



Why do I get the feeling that if I do end up doing reviews I'm going to be doing a lot of soldering...

My friend Joe went to the Last HOPE confrence in NYC recently and when he told me about it I decided to post this Citizen Engineer is a group of people working on anarchistic expressions of technology.

they have videos...

No comments: