Sunday, August 23, 2009

Canto 15 The Desert in Hell part 2: Sodomy

Fire and steam meet
And cancel above our heads
As we walk the banks

It's high and narrow
The red stream above the sand
Flows through a channel

A pack of dead souls
They stare at us with strange eyes
I see an old friend

He was my teacher
I can barely recognize
His face through the burns

He walks up, greets us
It grieves me to see him here
He taught me to write

He speaks prophecy
As he walks alongside us
And I mark his words

My guide nods his head
In the seething desert heat
I ask who's down here

My old friend tells me
Sodomy is the worst rape
Read Judges 19

Priests, Warlords, whole towns...
I don't ask him what he did
I don't want to know.

"Write of me Dante
I can not leave them for long"
He turns, sprinting, gone.

No comments: