Saturday, August 15, 2009

The one thing better than attracting negative attention to yourself

is attracting positive attention to yourself!!!

So I've been doing this thing with electronic busking. I have a synth that is battery powered and a couple of stomp boxes and I've been taking it to the streets!

this was day three. My first day I made a lot of dirty looks doing this on the beach, the next day I tried a neighbourhood on the east side that I thought would be more tolerant but I was mistaken I made a dollar and a guy tried to pick a fight with me.

Today I took it out again and things went a lot better! I went to a third neighbourhood where a couple of friends said I might have better luck and I did! I made almost five dollars and I bought a copy of My Life in the Bush of Ghosts by Brian Eno and David Byrne.

I had a really good time and met with a lot of positive people! including a couple of very inquisitive infants and their parents. I'm going back to that part of town more for sure I don't need the up-tight hassle of the neighbourhood I live in, bleh.

Also I've been invited to perform at a poetry festival in Stanley Park on August 22 2009 I'll be reading selections from my Divine Comedy and Allen Ginsburg as well as performing with Public Disturbance! (that's the name of my electro-busking outfit).

I'll post details soon. More Dante tonight.

No comments: