Friday, May 8, 2009

Dante Second draft thoughts and slow progress.

So I started the second pass on Inferno and I've done the first three Canto's over again. It's pretty amazing to read over what I left out and how much improved these are with the re-write. I'm gaining insight into Dante's overall poetic formula and for those interested I decided to drop the attempts at making it conform to any one meter. I think that it would sound cool in Iambic Pentameter for sure but it wouldn't be mine any more I think what's more important is trying to capture the essence of the work in my own words and that's what I'm trying to do.

I've been invited to perform part of my Inferno at a concert near the end of the month. I have to figure out how I will be doing that but I've got a couple of ideas. It's kind of exciting I've never performed with my modular before, I'll only be taking part of it with me so I'll have to record what I've got going on here first and then use it as a backing track which I can improvise on top of. Also I've only got ten minutes? I could easily trance out and use up the whole time without even realizing it. eep!

Today was my friend Delaney's birthday I bought him a CD by Big Black and then he came over for dinner, Yvonne made lamb... mmmmm lamb. Ok so I'm going to work on the next Canto and update The Christian Radical blog.

No comments: