Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Empire of Crime show

It happened! we performed Canto's 1-4 live tonight. It was a good show. the friend of mine who had offered to film our show flaked out at the last minute so there's no video coming but we recorded the audio and I will be making it available on soundcloud tomorrow when I go to the studio.

I had such a fucked up night. I played my very first live electronic gig in almost five years and then when I got home I decided I needed to unwind so I left for a walk. I hadn't had a great supper so I wanted to get a cornd beef sandwitch. I was on my way to the deli where they have these great sandwiches and it's 24 hours. I was almost half way there and I saw some dude shitkick someone across the street. I stopped and saw that it was a guy beating on a girl so I called 911. the Cops kept me on the line a lot longer than I would have liked. I really just wanted a sandwich I didn'rt want to be a "witness" and tried to assert my right to anonimity which almost got me arrested by this one dickhead cop but his good cop partner made to deal with me which is just as well because he was a lot easier to talk to than his buddy. ugh. so anyway enough about the pigs they did their job, they separated the dude from his girlfriend and got their statements, the shithead boyfriend had been beating up on his girlfriend if I'd had more courage I would have tried to nonviolently diffuse the situation without involving the cops at all but I know I didn't do the wrong thing and though I wish I could have done a ghandi on the situation there's a nagging suspicion in my mind that the prick would have just hit her again once I left. I hate the cops but I think I hate guys who beat women more, anyway I just wanted a sandwich...

once the "good cop" was done with me I contionued my walk towards smoked meat and garlic bagels. I got a sandwich and sat down outside but when I left the house I was wound tight by the time I got what I'd left the house for I was no less upset I took the scenic walk home along the beach and talked to God and sat and watched the waves and sang some blues to myself as I walked along the dark bike trail near the sand and now that I've been home a while and have had some time to reflect and write here I am glad that the show went as well as it did, musically it went off without a hitch and I'm listening to it now on my home computer I am very pleased with how it went. I'm also tired and I really want to go to bed. I hope that girl is ok and that her abusive shit head boyfriend gets his eyes opened to the fact that he was obviously messed up to hit a girl in the first place and I hope that he has a change of heart in his life that causes him to change the entire way he lives for the better, I also hope that she leaves his sorry ass and finds a man who won't beat on her or treat her bad.

I'm tired. soundcloud tomorrow.

No comments: