Thursday, July 30, 2009

Canto 8 The Styx voyage, Philippo Argenti, the travellers are denied entry to the city of Dis

Flames on tower roof
And torchlight on the dark waves...
"Virgil, what is it?"

"Signal Flares, a boat
speeds to us on the water."
Our ship has come in.

Enraged I'm alive
Phlegyas argues with us,
we get in the boat.

The Styx froths with rage
A damned soul calls out to me
I recognise him

Phillip Argenti
An abusive memory
"I weep without end"

"Then cry forever,
I have no pity for you"
I kick at his face.

Virgil's glad blessing
on me echoes the Ave
A strange sound in Hell

That soul is attacked
I thank God for the violence
as our boat speeds past

We reach the far shore
The City of Dis burns bright
Guarded by Devils

The Rebel Angels
Mock Virgil and damn my life
Virgil speaks with them

He leaves me alone
I'm scared, my doubts eat at me
we're locked out of Dis

Virgil consoles me
God has sent us an Angel
Alone it speeds forth.

No comments: