Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yesterday was an awsome day.

Best day in a long time.

I got a bunch of modules in the mail! so the East Coast Beast is slowly but surely taking shape.

I'm now thw proud owner of an increasingly formidable and challenging instrument. One of the packages I got contained a new controller it's a ribbon controller that can control midi and control voltages it's great as an interface because it's a bit like playing guitar and it's also moving me away from traditional keyboard oriented synths. I've got my eye on a device which will enable me to play microtonal music and particularly Bholen Pierce music! Also I think I've got an idea how I want to try incorporating the text of The Divine Comedy into music. It's not my own idea actually it's more an homage to William Basinski. I don't want to get to detailed on this untill I've had a chance to try the recording method first but I will probably have something to say on this soon.

Also I'm officially in the home stretch as far as the first draft of Inferno goes. I only have ten more cantos to write before I start transcribing. It's going to be a fair bit of work. I've written plenty in my life but rarely goten past the first-draft stage. If you are inclined to pray please say a good word to The Man Upstairs on behalf of this project for me.

It's appreciated.

I'll try and get some pictures soon but it will probably have to wait until next week when I get back from visiting my in-laws.

until then listen to some haunting music:


ANATOMY OF MELANCHOLY by FRANCESCO ARENA (genoa, italy) & WILLIAM BASINSKI (new york, usa)

No comments: