Friday, February 6, 2009

Gear Update

It's official. I've got what I need to start setting up the studio. I was waiting on a synth module called a Virus Snow but ended up buying the floor model of the keyboard version for an amazing price. I also bought an external firewire/soundcard and another keyboard stand. I believe this is the lot for now. Barring a larger modular rig which will come in due time and a few other amenities which aren't really that important and which I can pick up when and if I can afford them I think I'm looked after as far as studio equipment. I watched the animated version of Dante's Inferno tonight. It was actually made with paper cutouts so not exactly animated but I don't think the word puppet is exactly right either. Anyway it was fun. It's certainly in a different vein than my take will be but it was neat to see and it was illustrated by Sandow Birk.

I'm waiting for my wife to come home so I'm not interrupted in the middle of recording. I wrote the paraphrase for Canto 1 a couple of nights ago and have put some finishing touches on the patch I made for it. I've wanted to record this since I wrote it but I've lacked the energy.

There's an apartment being re-done on my floor and every morning it's sawing and drilling from 10 or 11 am until evening. And then today there was some kind of construction going on outside where they were ripping out cement in the alley and so there was a nice chorus of jackhammers as well. I feel sorry for everyone who woke up today with a hangover. Other than that and the complete lack of work I've done today I'd have to say it's not bad for a Friday the 13th.

No comments: