Wednesday, February 4, 2009

late night/early morning Dante update

I've just put some of the finishing tweaks on the first patch I hope to use in Inferno, this will be the electronic component to the music in Canto #1. Still haven't written a paraphrase as yet I hope to get that done tomorrow night then, because I'm oldschool and kind of impatient and also due to the complexity of this patch I'll be recording it to my tape fourtrack recorder. I have to get help moving the last of the studio furniture to its new home and get together with Jeremy to get the space set up. He's not going to be coming onboard for the project but has offered to square away a favour he owes me by helping me get it all set up and crash coursing me in cubase.

I would still really really really like to find someone who would be willing and able to collaborate with in realizing this project but I don't know who to ask. All my friends in bands are too busy and their services expensive. Meh, this is my baby if it's meant to be a collaborative piece I've no doubt that God will provide, and if it's not then I've just got to trust that I'll get it done good enough and learn a lot on the way.

I'm waiting n a delivery from Analogue Haven of a ring modulator it should be here tomorrow, I'm very excited I just hope I'm here when the package is delivered I hate missing these things it's such a hassle.

in gear-related news My birthday is coming up and I'm really looking forward to birthday cash so I can build my modular up. It's always frustrating to discover that you've run out of things to modulate or when you just find the limits of what your instrument can currently do, it's a nice challenge to work within them and I've certainly made some great compositions with less than what I've got now but every time a new set of modules come in the mail and I patch them all up to the system my sound just seems to increase it's so amazing to make a piece of music which in it's own way is a little analogous to a tiny orchestra, each piece of equipment working together with every other to create something very dynamic and multifaceted. I really love my modular.

you should read this post buy a guy who put it in better words than I have

I was thinking about the above linked article tonight and thought I should share it.

No comments: